Thursday, November 1, 2007


Sept 5
I am so sad!!!! I'm getting transferred tomorrow (Thursday)! I have no idea where I am going or who my companion will be. I find out at 9am tomorrow. I'm sad to leave this awesome area and district (see picture).Things I forgot to tell you while I was in Brovary - I spent some time in a celo/village working in the garden. I almost chopped a good apple tree down; it was not my fault. I also hit myself in the leg with a hatchet...don't worry it was about 2 weeks ago and it was about a 2 cm big cut...not bad right? I took a shower in the celo at a member’s dacha/summer house. The shower was outside and there were 7 spiders in there and 2 had bodies as big as dimes! Well as you can see I am really sad. I am in a city I love and I am being moved to a new city that I have never been to. TRANSFERS ARE LAME! But anyway we have 3 investigators that are close to baptism. One will be probably be next week and I wont be there. A minimum 2 more in the next 1-3 months, maybe more. One of the investigators, his parents seem interested to learn more. We have 2 new investigators now and both speak English. One speaks like a champ - he formally worked as a programmer for the UN. TRANSFERS ARE LAME! As most of you have seen I don't like crying in church or really anywhere, but on Sunday I was asked to share my testimony. My companion had told the 1st counselor I was leaving so I was almost forced to. OK, so I get up there and say, "Good day brothers and sisters." It's a good start, right? Then I feel the water works starting. I say "to me this is difficult" (that's how you say it - its worded right). Then I am in tears and I gave my testimony in tears. It was simple but from the heart, and I made some of the members cry. It was sad. After my testimony I was in tears for 15 mins. I was a crybaby, I swear! I love this branch so much! I don't want to go anywhere! I want to stay here the rest of my mission. After sacrament meeting almost all the members came up to me and said thank you for serving on a mission in Brovary. I was told I was great with kids and that they knew I loved them and they told me I am humble and showing my humility was a good example, but I don't think they were telling the truth. I don't think I am humble - I am still prideful. FOOD news - kind of good.
I learned how to make Ukrainian bread and Ukrainian Borscht! Until next week! Love, Elder Hokanson

No comments: