Thursday, November 1, 2007

April 18th
Well let’s see…I am doing well. I don’t know if I am still getting thinner - hope not. It’s still kind of chilly here most of the day. We still have some weird things going on in the mission that I will tell you about sooner or later but we are keeping busy. Sasha is getting baptized this Saturday. That’s really, really cool. The mission needs 300 people and like 10 more great elders in the stake and then we can split it into 2 stakes! So sweet! And from what I understand they are getting ready for the temple hotel to go up so the temple is just around the corner. It will be so awesome when they start and Elder Holland is coming on the 25th. Its really cool he is going to be able to speak to us and we can bring investigators. This week I got to go to a celo. I thought we were going to plant potatoes, but we just cleaned some that they were selling, but it’s cool. The trip out there was crazy! A 30min marshrootka ride, then another, and then we had to find this lady’s place that was hard. It took like 2 hours almost to find the place, but I got some good food and I tried their celo. It’s like bones and fat from like all things boiled then skinned and sits in the fridge and makes this thick layer of fat. I had some it was a little weird and I had some kvass - it’s like a fermented bread drink. Not breaking the word of wisdom at all, but its not that good. It sounds great to you all I am sure! ;) And yeah - that lady kissed me on the cheek 2 times from the side! I did not even know it was coming! I was sitting, trying to eat and bam! She got me! But yeah, that’s my update and I miss you all!

No comments: