Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Wednesday, November 14, 2007






I just wanted to say that this has been a wonderful week, full of ups and downs of course. I will not go into detail about most things and won't hit most topics but I will share with you a moment of my life in Ukraine.

Let me tell you about my investigators; we have one woman named Natalka. She has felt the spirit more then any of the people I have taught, and she knows that she loves the things we have taught her. She knows they are right and true, but when we leave, the spirit leaves with us. She is hard to meet with so we did not see her for a while. We came back and she said she can't read from the Book of Mormon because it's a sin, because she is Russian Orthodox. So we talked to her and asked her to remember what we have read, then we testified and shared more scriptures and she felt the spirit even stronger. She did not want to respond to it. We could see it. We were lead to bear our testimonies. I bore testimony that I have never said before in perfect Ukrainian Grammar, and then after I finished, an unanswered question that she had about what we have been talking about came out and through study that morning we had the perfect answer because it was still fresh in our minds. She is wonderful and is going through hard times, but we are trying to help her with whatever we can.
We have a young man the same age as me that we just started meeting with. His name is Andrei and he is so cool. We have a baptismal date for him next month and we are excited to teach him because he has high standards in life and that brings a lot of questions and we are here to help him find his answers through study and prayer.
We have a few African guys that are studying to become doctors that we are teaching. It is interesting because they are from Sudan and it is a Muslim country and we shouldn't baptise them, but they have accepted Christ as their Savior. If they go home in the wrong city they will be murdered. But because of the fact that they have already become Christian we can baptise them. One of them is named Yosuf and he is great. He understands very little Ukrainian, but he does understand English and Arabic, so we teach him in English. We downloaded the conference talks in Arabic and he loved it. We have set a baptismal date and he is progressing. He has brought friends to be taught by us and they are all wonderful. He brought one that does not understand English well, almost not at all. We started and he said something and Yosuf translated it into English for us. He said he is here to start the spiritualization process.

Well the next topic I don't really want to go into, so I won't. lol.
Next topic. I know that i don't yet understand the gospel as a whole, I am just now understanding that I am peeking into knowing more about it. It is incredible and i love learning about it. It is so plain and simple and yet so deep and wonderful. I understand the basics, but there is more there than what you see at first. I realize the Bible was organized by men and missing things and its not in order, but is of great importance. I have known this, but through study the teachings in it become more clear. Personal study is of great importance and companionship study too. I understand them more clearly. I am beginning to understand much more about God and how He works and how much more Christ loves us. It is deeper then we can imagine. I now understand that the Book of Mormon is the key to studying the Bible; they are supporters of each other in many ways. If you read the Book of Mormon it becomes easier to study the Bible. I don't need to go into the topic too deeply, but my testimony of the scriptures are getting deeper and stronger and I love the feeling that it brings to me.
Photos this week - my district pics, my companion fell asleep in the middle of the day as you can see by the watch (I declared him dead at 12:30 on Wed the 7th, so yeah, it's a week old), a pic of me in front of a cool statue of Ivan Franko and in front of a cool Hotel named НАДІЯ (Na-dee-ya), then one pic of my comp on the sidewalk on the way to church for a meeting.
That's all you get for now. I love you all and want to hear from you! I will talk next week. Bye!

No comments: