Thursday, November 1, 2007


June 20
3 WEEKS OF COLD SHOWERS! WOOT! It's so wonderful!But today after we were leaving we got hot water again so later today I will get a warm shower. I forget what its like! I was taking a shower every day cold and it's loud with sounds that I made that I cant describe :) ...but no more of that for now. Yay! The Area News- My companion slapped a girl in the face...lol! Don't worry, its ok, it was a joke, she pretty much did the same to him but she had corn starch in her hand. lol! He was white all over in his suit pants. She is an amazing member, her whole family is. We gave them like 2 kilos of strawberries -they tried not to accept but finally took them after feeding us some food. The Work News - In the last 2 weeks we had 2 baptized and 1 confirmed. The next one will be confirmed on Sunday. We still have about 7 progressing investigators - 2 need to be dunked, 2 others are a mom and daughter. The girl is elect, she is like maybe 10 and she knows church history, she knows a lot of the BoM, she reads a lot and she is like 10! She comes to all church activities, but her dad is protiv (or against the church) and her mom is a slow progressor, but they could both be members. If the dad lived in this area I know they would have baptismal dates. One of the investigators was from a referral from a 14-year-old boy that is way, way cool and his friend is progressing. We serve all the time. We have done maybe 3 hours of finding in this area in 3 weeks but we get referrals from the members tomoo shcho/ because we serve them and they know we love them and they love us...I LOVE BROVARY! Food News -I prepare large salads every day. I make about 700 grams of salad a day for the 2 of us and we both make main dishes - noodles or potatoes, tacos or something. It is always good and we get really full every day. 1000 grams or one kilo is 2.2 pounds. I love using kilos/grams when I buy things because I know what it takes to get full in grams!Where I live has a market where I can get German Peanut Butter! It's so, so good! It's about 8 greven for 300 grams (about $1.60 - expensive here) but it's great! I can't think of anything else but I LOVE it here and the UKRAINIAN language is doosha, doosha vazhko or very, very hard AND RUSSIAN is even harder right now. I sometimes understand all that is said but its really, really hard to speak. Talk to you later. I love you all! -Elder Hokanson

No comments: