Thursday, November 1, 2007


Sep 19
Not too much to say this week but we are busy all over the place. We had almost no time to contact here. We have activities out the wazoo! We had 2 plays that I was in and we did service in a selo/village. I dug up potatoes and picked grapes. It was fun! I got really dirty. Then yesterday I went out to a selo in the Carpathian Mountains and went to a river. It was really cool - barley over an hour outside of Ivano. I got a spoon for tea, a wooden spoon, and some homemade socks for the winter. They are really warm. I won't need them for a while though, although it is getting cold and its been raining almost every day. It's crazy here - we have about 6-8 people that are friends to the missionaries. They have our standards and come to activities, but don't take the lessons. Some of them know the church is true, but they don't want to take the lessons. We had a guy that's been coming to church for about 3 years, but never wanted to give up smoking or tea, and now he wants to change and become ready for baptism. It's cool! And there is a young man that is making changes in his life, reading the scriptures and praying. He will be able to be baptized in maybe 3-4 weeks. Well I went off and made my Borscht (Ukrainian soup). It takes 2-3 hours to make and it is better then most of the borscht I have had when I eat out or when I eat at people's houses. It's the first time I made it too. I am really happy about it. I did learn from a person that made the best I had ever had so it had to be somewhat good. :) My companion will be making some today using my notes on making borscht. He will be making it while we study - it's not hard, just lots of sitting around waiting when you make borscht. Normal activities we have here during the week in this area are teaching English 2 times a week (Tue/Thur), Friday line dancing, and Saturday is sports day. We teach them American sports like football Americanski, baseball, and stuff like that. They are clueless on how to play it. They have just never seen it in their life. We have 2 days planned for contacting in center Ivano with members. That's a normal week, but then I had the 2 plays and service planned - it's crazy! And with 3 hours of study a day and then trying to contact in spare time and having lessons...that's how our days are spent - no time to breathe. So that's about all I've got for you now! I love you all! Talk to you next week!

No comments: