Thursday, November 1, 2007

Wednesday, October 31, 2007






Oct 31
Well, this was crazy week. I don't want to say anything crazy, but wow. And I took for granted how the church runs back home. It's not perfect, but it works well. In Kiev it works well and here it’s a little disorganized. They took all missionaries out of leadership roles in the branches and wards and are trying to make them so they can run themselves better. I will not say any details but it's getting crazy here in Ivano Frankivsk.
ну нічого (that means "well, it's nothing", kinda like "whatever")
This week was fun. We took a huge loop in our oblast (county) and went to the farthest south city of any significance in size and then missed our marshrootka (van that goes on a route, like a bus) to the next city, so we bummed a ride with some guys. We think they stole the car and had drugs too, but we got to the city, paid them for the ride, and said bye. We will probably never see them again, but yeah, in this city we tried to meet a family that moved there from a different area but nobody was there, so waste of time. Then we tried to get home again, but we could not get a marshrootka to our city, so we grabbed the most crammed ride I have ever had. You will see a clip my comp made for me in the car. It's crazy. Then we got to the city and then had 10 Min's before the next marshrootka left for Ivano, so we were happy and made it to town 30 Min's before our English Class started. We were so happy about that. It would have been lame if the only 2 Americans teaching English did not show up. But other then that not too much has happened. Hope you enjoy the pics from yesterday's travels.The two guys are the guys that might have stolen a car and had drugs, a kid from the family that we visited in the far city, a village, and then a pic with my comp and me with my camera out the window. Other then that I should be good for pics so I will talk next week. I love you all! Bye!

2 comments:

Nancy Foote said...

Bless you Cody. Beautiful countryside. Sounds like you have a busy schedule and life there. Love you Nancy Foote & family

&I said...

Cody, the way the Kiev temple is going to look, looks like a fat version of my mission temple Boston,MA.