Thursday, November 1, 2007

Wednesday, October 11, 2007


Oct 11
Well, it's a crazy week! My companion is leaving and I get to take two 12-hour train rides. I will leave Sunday then get to Kiev Monday, say goodbye to my companion, get a new one, then leave Kiev Monday and get back here to Ivano Frankivsk Tuesday. Sounds like fun...I will have a new companion though - sweet - and be crammed in a train car with 3 other guys with 3 sets of luggage. It will be somewhat cramped but I think it will be very fun. So...things that are new - I have taken pics on how to prepare borscht, but have not had the time to send them yet. But you will all learn how to make it and see what mine looks like. :) I went to an egg museum in a town I had never been to. That was interesting. They have a skill of painting eggs that's really interesting how they do it, but then we went out to eat and that was it. It was fun to go once that's for sure. If I had more time and could see the city it would have been cool. It's not a small town but the church is not open there yet. We need to help the church grow so we can be in all cities here. It's great to see the church in its form here...it is still young and it's growing fast. This week was hectic - so much going on and we did not know what was going on most of the time, so we did not get too much done...Just what other people wanted, so not much time for investigators. But we do have 4 baptismal dates for Saturday. Can't wait to see what it will be like. The only thing I don't like is the man that asked me to baptize him will be leaving for Tokyo soon after baptism and who knows when I will see him next, or if ever. It's getting colder here and I almost need a sweater every day. But hey, I want it to get cold, it's just now nobody will see my cool ties anymore. :) Sorry, I am out of time. I will talk to you all later. I love you!
-Elder Hokanson
Pic is of me on 10-11-2007 wearing my cool pink/brown $1 tie! :)

No comments: