Thursday, November 1, 2007

June 13th
Ok, so I LOVE MY NEW COMPANION!!!But my new apartment is lame it has no hot water at all I have had cold showers for 2 weeks! Heathers package came in the mail so I got a few things here that are great to have. We had 1 Baptism so far in the area and we have one new commitment for baptism for Sunday. She will be baptized. We have about 3 more people that all we need to do is commit them and they will be baptized and one that keeps coming to church but we wont commit him for a long time. He does not get the doctrine yet, he is getting rocked in GP class every Sunday but he is coming to church without us asking him we don’t have his phone # or his address but its cool he is coming to church and English class. So there is only me and my companion here in this branch. It is way cool my last ward there was 4 elders and 2 sisters so this place rocks. It’s small but there are a ton of people. The city is called Brovary.This branch has a ton of youth the church is growing here and this branch is a model for the rest of Ukraine. They are almost all super strong members. It is about to turn into a ward they could split it into 2 branches but I hope they don’t yet! Oh yeah, in my last area I was almost attacked by a drunk man again but not in this area my companion Elder Newbold in his last area got smacked in the back of his head and got the spisok (list) ripped from his hand and his arm was grabbed.I got pushed while going down the stairs and there might have been some real action there hee hee but don’t worry - I am not scared and you don’t need to be. This new area is great. It has been tracted 3 times over about but the work is rolling. People all know that we are American and speak English and they all bug us by saying stuff like, “hello my friend” and then you say back, “hi, what is your name?” and they are like shcho veen skazav? = what did he say? It’s so funny, and they say other things too but they are just dumb kids that don’t know English. I love you and miss you all and I really miss hot showers! One day the hot water will come back on though. I love you, miss you, good bye!

No comments: