Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Monday, September 1, 2008




Ok, I almost could not send pics this week because I don't have my card reader, but then I saw Elder Taylor from my group. Last week I convinced him to buy a card reader and you know what...he got one! So I borrowed his. Woot!

Well, info for the week - it has been weird. We had a threesome companionship from Monday -Friday morning. Elder Brooks' companion was in Bulgaria for his Visa, so he was with us while his companion was on what I like to call "vacation" - they don't speak Ukrainian there, there is no conjugation, and they speak a bit of Russian, but these elders don't speak Russian. So they had a nice flight, hung out, had Subway, KFC, Dunkin' Doughnuts, and Burger King. Vacation! There were other things, but they did not have the time. It's ok though, but yeah, it was cool - Elder Brooks is from the same group as Elder Ward (my companion), so it was tight, and Brooks is from California, so that's way rad. I also went on exchanges in Brovary with Elder Eskelsen (if you remember, that was my 2nd area and he is my old companion). I did not get to do much - he got a little sick, so we took a taxi home after walking almost to our appointment, like 5 mins away, then stayed inside for a bit until his tummy felt better. Then we got back out on the street where we got rained on, did some contacting and advertised for English classes. Then we went back in and planned, and I did my nightly calls. We were going to play soccer too, but it rained, so all the people I wanted to play soccer with could not come unfortunately, so our plans changed. We went to a baptism for a man from Nigeria named Jesse. It was cool, we had lunch, went back to my area, and went to a church activity. It was fun.

pictures - ok, so the 2 Elders I was with happened to have their 6 month anniversary on the mission this week, so they burned ties. It was cool. Next we have a pic of me making nightly phone calls. Brovary has no home phone, so I had to do them on the cell phone. Then 2 shots of the Temple. It's tight! You can see there is a basement for baptisms, 1st floor lobby, 2nd floor 2 session rooms, 3rd floor the Celestial room and sealing room. That's about all I have heard so far.

Well, that's all you get today. I know, not too cool, but it's what you get. I love you! BYE!

No comments: