Monday, September 15, 2008

Monday, September 15, 2008





Hello everybody! This is Elder Hokanson...I really want to you to see my pics this week!

OK this was a funny week!

First my companion got a package. Look at how that bad boy was sent...no address! It's amazing that it somehow made it at all, but some things were missing. Then you get to see our elevator problem - we got stuck! All 6 of us! It was so funny. Last, we went to this church member's house and they have the cutest little girl. My companion switched jackets with her and she thought it was hilarious!

Ok...so back to the elevator. Yeah, after district meeting we were on an exchange, and the other elders stooped at our apartment for some cpravi (stuff). I was grabbing stuff to change in for service. We, all 6 of us, pack into this elevator. I have had so many elders in a elevator before, and have never been stuck, but we hit the button, the doors close, and we should move, but it does not move at all. We cant open the door or anything. Thank goodness there was this girl out there that went to tell her mom to call the guy to come save us. Boy, was he not happy when he found all six of us in there! But he had saved the elders stuck in it before. In the past there were 8 elders stuck in that elevator, about 3 months ago. He said, sarcastically, "good job!" And people say Ukrainians are not sarcastic! :)

Side note: my companion is the only one I have ever had that can cook! He made us a mayonaise cake the other day that was amazing, and he made a syrup for my buttermilk pancakes that was just amazing, and he won't share the recipe, but its ok. :)

Transfers- I am staying, and so is my district, so you know.

Well, I will just say the church is true! I am happy! I love you all! Thanks for reading - PAPA!

Here's a bunch of videos that Cody sent from when they were stuck in the elevator. I combined them all into one video, so it's a little bit jumpy. :)


No comments: