Monday, September 22, 2008

Monday, September 22, 2008






Let me tell you first about the weather this week. It has rained for a solid week, stopping at most for a few hours at a time!

Some things that happened this week; church was fun. An investigator said that a lesson had a really strong message. He enjoyed it. It touched on the plan of salvation. It was way good.

We have set our goals for the transfer, made a plan, and are ready to work hard to reach our goals. The beginning of the transfer is always rad. We have Zone Conference this week, first week of the transfer. It's going to be good. They always are; its like a spiritual boost every 6 weeks.

We met an interesting man on the bus the other day that thought he could speak English. It was his birthday, and he was drunk. It was sad. He was only 23, and he was toasted, but it was fun talking to him. He really thought he could speak English. He couldn't, but he spoke Russian just fine. He said it was beautiful that we could talk to each other even though we speak different languages. I think it is too. The other people around us liked our conversation as well. :)

Some Elders had a space heater in another area that they were using, and it stopped working correctly and went up in flames! I don't even have a space heater, never had one here in Ukraine. I don't think I really even need one.

Ok, so pics for this week - First we have a "Risk" shot. My comp creamed me...I saw it coming, but there was nothing I could do. Next is a photo of our district, and a shot of 10 trolley busses.  The next pic is what caused the traffic for over and hour and 30 mins. Next a shot of my companion in the rain that we had to walk in because of traffic. We could not take our trolley bus.  Those trolley busses comes every 5 Min's, so that means they were like that for over 50 minutes. Then we walked the route and there was no busses for the hour or so it took to walk home! The last photo is of me in the PC cafe, the best one that I have ever been to in Ukraine. It has about 200 computers and they are dang fast. I took the pic to show my new haircut my companion gave me.

Videos - traffic, cause of traffic, and just walking in the rain with nobody in our path having a random conversation. (*note - I combined all 3 videos together again* ~h)

No comments: