Monday, August 25, 2008

Monday, August 25, 2008




INFO
Katya from my last area was baptised on Saturday. I missed it because my investigators could not make it. We had one that could go, but then his daughter and grand-daughter came to his house unannounced, but its ok. One investigator is in Germany until Wednesday, so we are doing some extra finding right now, but we are doing really good

Something funny...
We were on transport coming home from church and this lady opened my companion's camera case and pulled his camera out and then tried to put it behind her back. He is a strong man and kept her from running, and she dropped it. He said, "Do you want to buy it?" and she ran off the trollybus. It was funny.

Ok, so last night (this is great). So, I got home, started the washing machine with my clothes, and we started a roast outside on the balcony. I guess the flames got a little high and some firemen came. We saw them and wondered where they were going, and then they came to our door and banged on it a little. They said who they were in Russian, which made me say, "Can you speak Ukrainian?" even though "firemen" in Ukrainian is almost the same thing in Russian. I just had to do it. It was funny. They said open up, we asked what for, they said they wanted to see our balcony, so we let them in. They saw it and it was no big deal, so they left. Then I went into the kitchen and bathroom and they were flooded! I forgot to hook up the drain right, so it flooded the 2 rooms. We cleaned it up as I made my nightly district calls. I did not take pictures...I want to kick myself for not taking flood pics, but I was trying to make calls and clean up like 2 inches of water. It took about 6 towels and 40 mins, but its all good. :)

Pictures this week - that's one of our investigators. His name is Aleksey, and my companion is with him. A night of shot from a high floor. A baby pigeon - I hate them btw, it was on a member's balcony, and so she had me throw it off the 6th floor and it landed hard. The next picture, he lived , so there's me with the thumbs up. But if you'll notice in the top left side, that's a dog in the pic. He came up behind me sneaky-like and bit the bird! His owner was like, "what do you have in your mouth, a pigeon? Let it go!" He let it go, but that bird was a goner.

Love, Elder Hokanson

No comments: