Monday, June 30, 2008

Monday, June 30, 2008





OK something funny from last week - the other elders came to the same Internet place as us by coincidence, and we all ended at the same time and so we went bowling. Elder Jacobs had a gutter ball that popped out of the lane and smashed a 3 foot tall speaker. Luckily he did not have to pay for a thing since it was not his fault. It was dang funny though!
At the International Branch yesterday our Branch President had a bow tie on! It was really funny when he was on the stand. I was laughing into the hymn book looking at him with that bow tie on. It just did not seem like your normal Branch President.
Info about my Mission President - President Davis is now just Brother Davis. He is no longer our Mission President. We have now moved on to President Steinagel (I might not have spelled that right - I have never seen his name spelled in English).
We had a baptism - it was way cool, but the Elders that went to fill the font left and the guard turned off the water and unplugged the drain. So when we got there, the font was empty! So some of the other elders and my companionship had to do a bucket brigade to get enough water in the font. So I missed the first part of the baptism doing the water. Then we had a small game of basketball.
Earlier this week I had a spider bite me while I was working out. I sent a photo so you can see it. Yeah it's getting darker in color. I had a mission doctor look at it. He said to keep a eye on it. It already stopped itching as of today, but it looks worse, so I hope it gets better.
Today we are going to have a BBQ and play sports for the 4th of July Celebration because on the 4th we cant do anything. I am short on time this week so I gotta go.
Pictures - This Ukrainian Babushka made me lay down - you can't say no to a babushka! The bow tie! Before and after the Baptism, and the spider bite.

Videos - Ads in the metro through the window. Pretty cool! The Temple Site in Kiev. The bucket brigade!


Talk to you next week. Love you all! Papa!





No comments: