Monday, June 16, 2008

Monday, June 16, 2008






Ok, I am starting this off...the big question is probably, "Am I staying in my area for the next transfer?" Yes I am! Transfers came early...it was a week short of a full transfer to have everything ready for the new Mission President that will be starting on the 29th of June. It's crazy.

I am still district leader. I am ok with that. My district is dang cool still.

The elders that are going home today, I got to see them all. They will be missed. There are some cool guys going home.

Info about the area in which I am serving is cool, some good news. We have a new person with a baptism date! It's a wonderful woman named Oksana and she is 64. She is smart, funny and speaks both Russian and Ukrainian. It's nice that she does because I can understand Russian a bit, but it hurts my head to try that hard. Her date is for the 28th of this month. It's sweet, not only that, but there is also a young boy getting baptized the same day, and today we are meeting with a woman that wants to be baptized too. We are going to ask her to commit for this date on the 28th as well. It's so cool... this area has not had a convert baptism in over one year, so the members are really happy. What I love to say to them and other missionaries is that the area is only dead when you say its dead; that's when it dies for real.

Today I checked for a package, but it might be here tomorrow, but I don't think I can go check due to the fact that transfers are going down and it's dang busy. One more body in the office is hard, they might not like it. But I think I might...I have some time to go in.

Last Saturday we went and played soccer out in the rain a bit. I am not sick. Ukrainians always think I am going to get sick for doing silly things like that, but in general it was dang fun. I was on the winning team! I was goal keeper.

Sunday is when I found out about that other person that wants to be baptized. It was really a really great day. We went out to a member's house for dinner. I had salmon for the first time in a long time, but I would have you all know that Heather's salmon is so much better.

Okay, you get 2 videos today! 1st video - fire on the tramvai. We were on the way to a investigator and our tramvai stopped and there was a fire. Cool right? 2nd video - it's us in the metro as you can see. This is my district (well, not counting the senior couple).

Pictures - they all are good. Ok, we have the food for Sister Davis's Bday. We ran to the office to have that on Pday last week. Then we have me drinking kvas from one of those nice, big, yellow tanks on the street. We have the nice lunch that the senior couple got for us the other day. It cost half the money I use for the week, but if I had to go there again I would so order it. It was amazing! As you can see I could not help myself with that chicken. The temple site is moving dang fast. This is the 3rd Saturday I have been there and you can see its going fast. The last photo is of our MCL Vlad on the left, Oksana, my companion Elder Imangazi, and me.

I will go for more details next week, but for now this should be good.

No comments: