Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Monday, November 3, 2008






Ok... so in short this week, I am in Zhetomyr, and we are a new branch. The city has been open to missionaries for less than a year, and at church there were 13 people (and 4 are missionaries!) so that's hard. I was told by the branch president (my companion) to give a 10 min talk. I get up there, and he says make it 20 minutes. I pulled out 30 minutes somehow. My Ukrainian is not great, but some people laughed at my humor. Well they all did, but thank goodness I will only have to do it every other week. It's hard, but I will be ok.

In other news, my companion Elder Larson is cool. He's from San Diego, California. My apartment is dang big. Not as big as my Chernivtsi apartment, but it's still big and has 4 rooms, not just 3, but there is a size difference. It's way cool though, and its cold. They just turned on the heaters and our apartment was a nice 15-16 degrees.

I am only going to use gmail from now on. I feel that it saves my stuff when the power goes off TWO TIMES IN A ROW. Ok, vented there a little bit.

But yeah, my city that I am in now is nice. I love it so far. I am happy to be here, and it's a lot more responsibility, but its all good. Why not end my mission being busy?

Pictures -
Me and the Elder I replaced, my old companion Elder Lewis.
Elder Eskelsen on Khrishatik at night.
Food - weird stuff, but I liked it.
Me eating lunch I had made...it was dang good in my last apartment.
Me under the temple pic of the temple site left to right temple hotel for temple then the church building that will also be the office most likely after I am gone.

No comments: