Monday, November 17, 2008

Monday, November 17, 2008







So...news this week. I got a new companion. His name is Elder Prodan. He is from Donetsk, so he is Ukrainian. He was in the MTC with me. He came 6 days after me, and he is finishing his mission 6 weeks after me. He is a way cool guy. His name is Valeri and he recognizes my pics of Heather (she served in Donetsk, really close by).

We have 2 people with baptismal dates and some really cool people we are working with. This week is Zone Conference and we are going to Lviv. It's so tight. We get to go to Rivne on a small bus, stay the night, then take a train to Lviv in the morning. Then it's back the same way maybe, but not staying in Rivne overnight a 2nd time. It will be tight. I cant wait. It will be my last time there on my mission.

I got my last package that I will get in Ukraine. I am sure that's the last one. People remind me that I am going home soon, but it does not feel like it. It feels like I am from Ukraine. I dont remember much about what's back home, and I figure when I get back it won't even look the same. I know I dont look the same. I wish there was more time, but it's all the same.

I love you guys! Until next week!

Pictures
1. Tank - it was the first tank that came into the city saying that the war was over, so they made it a statue.
2. The building with the Lenin statue is a government building and they were tearing down the soviet sign and going to put the Ukrainian trident on it.
3. My 2 comps with a stray dog. Because they pet it, it followed us to a members house and waited like 2 hours then followed us into the city for about 40 mins before we lost it.
4. It's fall and you can see the color in the city
5 & 6. Two night shots from the bridge in town its a tight bridge that you walk across - no cars.
7. A chalk board that some kids from English did. Yes, I am also know as the hulk or the Hulkanson to some.

No comments: