Monday, July 14, 2008

Monday, July 14, 2008




I love you all for taking interest in my life week by week! Well, let me start...

This week has been good. We started off on preparation day by going to the Pechersky Lavra, a church where you pay money to go in. I took a few pictures. I am sending you two - one of me yes, drinking the water from a fountain with a young boy looking at me. Yeah, I am not sure if that was a good idea because now my stomach is feeling weird. It has been a few days now! And I have a pic of a wall in the old church of Jesus whipping people to get them out of a temple. It's my favorite picture that I took, I think.

We had an exchange and I was in Obolon where I saw some cool graffiti, so I took a pic. It says "life is beautiful," so I thought, "Why not take a pic?"
I went to English on a rainy day and a member was on the micro bus with us and it was a really old bus. It had leaks, so she pulled out her umbrella. I have never seen that before. It was cool, so I took a pic. It's funny, but I didn't use the flash. I did now want to freak out the driver or anything with the roads so wet. (note from Heather...he did not send this picture. I guess we'll see it next week :)

I had to go to the office to work on our English Class invitations because we are opening up our English conversation classes in our area now. It will be better for us; only 5 min travel time instead of 45 mins one way. I was in the office and as you can see one of the office elders, Elder Wahl, was doing some of his normal activities, so I took a pic so you can get a feel for the office here in Kiev. I don't know if that's all they do, but whatever.

News with our investigators - Sister Oksana is getting Baptized this Saturday. It will be cool. You will remember her as the older lady that was sitting with me and my companion and Vlad, a member that was with us that day.
We serve in an International Branch and a normal ward, but this week the Mission President was in Kiev for church, so he came to the Branch. It was so cool. I met his other 2 boys, so now I have met all 3 boys and his wife.
Until next week! Papa! (Bye!)

No comments: