Thursday, March 27, 2008

Wednesday, March 26, 2008





To those that love me (or those just want to hear about me) here is some more news about what's going on in my life...

We have 2 investigators with baptismal dates and yet they are sending both me and my companion somewhere else! I am going to an area nearby called Chernivtsy (I think that's how you might spell it in English). It will be fun! My new companions name is Elder Kaufman.
Well yesterday was fun and interesting. We had a full day planned at the church with the President of the Mission, President Davis. It was cool... we set up meetings for him and helped translate for him. It was fun, and he knows an okay amount of the language, but still needed the translation. It was not bad though.
I wish I could stay in my current apartment, but going to this new city is something I have wanted to do. I have heard a lot about this city. It is not flat like this city I'm in now (Ivano-Frankivsk); it has a lot of hills from what I understand. But I think I will be okay. The work is doing well here and I hope everything will be okay when me and my companion leave Ivano.
Nothing too crazy has happened... we had a party for our English class. We watched 'Charly' in Russian. Not the best translation, but it was fun to watch. We ate pizza and we played baseball in our suits and managed to not get dirty. It was not planned - we did not think a lot of people would be coming. I thought they might, but my comp thought not enough to get a game on, but it was all good. I hit a few home runs and it was fun.
We have changed the way we work a bit, not bad at all though, just a new way of looking at things and it seems to be working.
I have taken a few pics; we have a duck and a Book of Mormon in Ukrainian; what is in the book? I know what it is, but what do you think? A pic of me having a juice box and reading the Book of Mormon in Ukrainian and my comp is in the background (Elder Lewis). Then there are 2 pics of where I live - one looking at my apartment building and one looking out from the kitchen window and in the last week the snow was nice but the sunny warm weather was nice too. My apartment is on the 2nd floor (pink thing) and the kitchen is the left window.

Well, I am off until next week! Then you will have an update of what has happened in the new city. Папа! (Bye!)

No comments: