Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Wednesday, January 23, 2008


It's been a great week I must say. My companion is trying to wear me down I think, but its not working! I am almost done with my meds that President Davis had me start on. I am glad we have a world-renowned doctor as a Mission President; he helps a lot.

Well for this last week we now have 2 baptismal commitments in our companionship! One is an architect that designed the building which he lives in. It's dang cool. We had this weird drunk man follow us after a contact and so we started going faster and he started running after us! He wanted to go as fast as us. Really weird. It was funny though. We have a few other people we are trying to work with. They are moving in the right direction. It's so much fun. I got to meet this guy from New York this week. He is Ukrainian, but he lives in New York and speaks almost perfect English without an accent. Right now he lives in Lvivok.

This was weird - we were contacting people on the street and this old man needed some help with some stuff he had, so my companion offered our help. I started to pull his stuff for him, but right as I do that, he pulls this huge thing of metal off of a pay phone and puts it with the stuff I am dragging! But I did not know how to say, "Hey, I cant help you steal stuff," so I helped him a lil bit longer and was like, "Ok, we are really busy." Yeah, that was weird.

The weather here has been bizarre. It was -14c then it went to +6c. That's huge! All the snow melted, but today it snowed again and its colder, so that was weird. I hope it stays around -5c. That's not so bad (about 24F).

Other then that, not too much going on. I am sending a pic of preparation day last week playing the Russian version of Risk and a video at this PC cafe today (very brief).

I love you all!


No comments: