Monday, January 21, 2008

Wednesday, January 9, 2008

OK, well you all know I am in Lutsk...well not anymore! I was there one transfer and they took me and Elder Woods out and sent 2 new elders there. We will be ok, but we will miss the city. He is off in a new city - its called Helmeninski (not sure how to spell that in English!). But yeah, it's cool, but I was not ready for this. I love the members and our investigators and it was just so nice there, and my companion was there 4 transfers, so I figured he would be leaving and I would be getting a new companion. But they pulled me out, so on to the new. I packed up and went and had dinner at a member's house named Sasha and then went to the train to Kiev. On the way there my luggage broke even more then it was before, so it stinks really bad now. The wheels broke and it just drags on the ground, but I will deal with it for now. Not sure if I told you all again, my fourth pair of shoes are now coming apart. They were the warmest pair I had. Now they get a bit wet. Well, I am in Kiev now and I found out I am going back to a city I've been to...who would have thought. I served in Ivano for 3 months, then served out in Lutsk for 6 weeks, then get called back out to Ivano again. I was really excited to be called back out there. It is a great city with lots of wonderful people, but it was really weird. Saturday morning we picked up tickets without names on them and then at 10:20 at night they said, "you and your companion are leaving - be ready to leave by the time your train leaves." That stunk. I used my morning study time and time after church to pack up. I don't think I ever packed so well before. Normally I take a few days and I do it slow - this was fast and in one day. But while I am in Kiev and here until tomorrow I have been with Elders Taylor and Hurst in their apartment until I go. Hurst was a missionary that came to Ukraine the transfer before I went in the MTC (like 1 and a half weeks) and Taylor is a Russian speaking Elder that came into the country the same day as me, so it has been fun. Lots of MTC stories. My new companion in Ivano will be Elder Lewis. Elder Palski is still there; he will be getting Elder Hurst. So, we will work hard and see what we can do. I love you all! I will talk next week. Goodbye!

No comments: