Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Well, we all know that this last year was wonderful and packed full with surprises, but we have more to go! I just want to let you all know that this time of the year I miss you all so much and knowing that you are all back home supporting what I am doing makes me feel really happy. I hope that everything is going great for you all.

Let me give you a update for the week - I got my package from Heather with all types of things I have forgotten about. It's so weird when you live without something, you forget about it. It's not needed anymore. Mind you, I really loved the things that I got for Christmas and I am glad I got them, but its just interesting to me that I don't need them anymore.

The work in the area is really feeling good. We have been working hard every day, talking to people on the street and at their doors, sharing what we know to be true. Yeah, it's hard, but it works. We have been working long days with no solid investigators, but we called a man that missionaries in the past have taught and he is really cool. He is from the Czech Republic and speaks Russian, so it's hard to understand him - He's speaking a 2nd language and with a thick accent! But we have met with him and we have a new baptismal date in Lutsk! It's not for a while because he needs to visit Czech, but he is coming back and we are excited!

I said I was going to send photos this week, but I forgot my card reader. I stayed at the other Elder's apartment for the night for New Years. We watched movies in English, movies like Cars/тотчки and Ratatouille/рататуй and Greatest Game Ever Played/триумф, to name a few. We were not allowed out last night after 6pm. It was not safe in general. It's the biggest holiday of the year; many people drinking, lots of fireworks went off today. We also have to be in by 6pm tonight, so it's a laid back day. It was so interesting when I was at the apartment just chilling on the couch I felt almost like I was back home. I never just chill anymore. I never sit down for more then 30 mins anymore, just to do nothing. I only do that maybe a few times a week when I have lunch. I eat fast and then relax for a few mins and head out again. Missionary life - I would never trade it for anything!

Well, I love you all! I will talk next week. Bye for now.


English - bye! Ukrainian - папа=papa! Russian - пoка=paka!

No comments: