Monday, May 19, 2008

Monday, May 19, 2008



To all of you that are wondering where I am...I am in Kiev again and I am a District Leader, whatever that means.* My new companion has been in Ukraine for one transfer (so far 6 weeks), but he is from Kazakhstan. He is my first comp from outside of the USA. It's interesting. His first name is something weird...I can't remember, but people call him Max. His last name is Imangazi. In Russian/Ukrainian it sounds more like Imagazinov. He is a good guy.
I am serving in Venohradar (might be easier to say Venogradar). I am sending pics - one from my train ride,* and one of me and my new comp standing next to each other. And the last one - American food! I got to go to an American church member's house. He works for the embassy. He gave us root beer, mac and cheese, and Chex!

I don't want to be cut off this week, so I am only sending this small bit. I will get used to this Internet place again...it is the first Internet place I ever used when I first got here in Ukraine!

I love you all! Thanks for reading this week!

*Heather's Notes* Cody is trying to be modest, but the District Leader is essentially the leader of all the missionaries in his district (usually 6 - 8 missionaries). He reports to the Zone Leader who reports to the Mission President. It's a smaller position of authority, but it's still an honor that his Mission president would trust him with it! :) Also, the picture Cody took from the train is cool because that's how they got the idea for the Ukrainian Flag - It's only 2 colors, blue on top of yellow. It represents blue skies over yellow fields, just like the picture! :)

No comments: