Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Monday, April 16, 2008




In general, the cool, notable things that happened this week - Well the baptism, it went down well. Lots of people came, lots of support, and it was fun and spiritual and kind of interesting. I was called as the 1st counseler in the Elder's Quorum, and we had a party at the church for English. It was lots of fun. The church has 3 floors, and we had a movie and card games on the top floor and on the 2nd floor it was a place to mingle and to play ping pong. Both floors had food and drinks. I have a problem with ping pong - I never lose! So I win and then just give the paddle away so other people can play. :) I am still too competitive at sports. There was some other crazy things that went down this week, but I just wont talk about them this week.
Oh, this was way cool - a musical college in the area had a party or something, and tons of kids were walking in the street and chanting, down our street, at night. It was way cool. There were over 100 kids, and there was so many people that cars could not pass them. They were throwing glass bottles and stuff. I was safe of course in my 3rd floor apartment, but it was cool.

So, pics this week for you - you get one after the baptism; we all went to the church and had pizza and we were cleaning up, so you see us helping out. :) You get a pic at the baptism, right after the ordinance. They are still in the water. And I left my umbrella at the church one day, and we had to walk to the church for an appointment and since my umbrella was at the church and it was raining a lot, I was so wet. My jacket was wet all the way through, but it was all good.

I love all of you! Talk to you next week!


*note from Heather* I love how he keeps saying "In general." We really don't say that a lot in English, but in Russian, they say that a lot. They say "v obshay" (in general) before they start a paragraph, or at the end sometimes, and I assume it's the same in Ukrainian. It's so funny to me how he is speaking Ukrainian in English, if you know what I am saying. I remember I did that a lot. I still do it in fact. When praying, if you ask for a blessing in Russian you say something like, "Please bless the children, so that they were healthy." In English we would just say, "Please bless the children to be healthy." So if you ever hear me say, "blah blah blah, so that they were blah blah blah," you know I am speaking Russian in English. :)

No comments: